writober

Friday, October 07, 2005

invasion

I realize that in my life I have absolutely no privacy. I work in a building with 3,000 other people. Just inches away from the person at the desk next to mine. When I pee, there are always someone else's feet in the stall next to me.

I live with 2 men and 2 cats, and I don't know which is worse. 2 poop in the toilet and the other 2 insist on watching me bathe and rolls their eyes when I fart. If I close the bedroom door, it pops open every 20 minutes with questions "where's the hammer?" "how do you say backyard in Spanish?" "did you know the Daily Show is on?" "are you still reading?" "don't you know we're starving and only you have thumbs to open the cans of food??" There is no such thing as a closed bathroom door. Or rather, there is but you have to enjoy the reaching of tiny arms under the door, who then want to pull the rug under the door to the other side. Or worse, you get scratching, then crying, then wailing, which eventually graduates to screeching. And in the end, you turn the knob, disengaging the lock. Then someone barges in and has to stand there and then put their hands in the bath "ooh, it's warm - feel how cold my fingers are" and then be asked ten times "what is it that you wanted?"

1 Comments:

  • At October 07, 2005 6:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That's funny. Yet pointed. Privacy and 'alone time' mean a lot to me. One of the most treasured parts of my day is the two and a half hours (total) of my commute to work. Ahhhh...I'm alone...

    Panda

     

Post a Comment

<< Home